Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Canal Cruise

There are several options to immerse yourself in Danish culture through DIS. I am currently signed up for two of them. I've posted several times about my visiting family and yesterday, I met my members of my buddy network for the first time. I think there used to be some sort of Danish buddy system where Danish students were paired up with American DIS students. Now, because of the popularity of the program, there are several DIS students matched with several Danish students to make a buddy network. 

I thought it might be awkward because I missed out on the first few buddy network events. (Mostly my fault, I was too lazy to brave the public transportation nightmare down to Copenhagen from Helsingor on weekends.) But nope, this Canal Cruise experience was AWESOME. I met one other DIS student and two Danish students. With Anders Larsen as our guide, free champagne and snacks, how could this trip be anything short of amazing?


We boarded our boat at Stormbroen in the middle of Copenhagen.

Anders, a teacher at DIS, gave us a rather...eccentric tour of the city.


Apartment buildings constructed out of old concrete silos

Unique architecture along the waterfront.

Office building with large open space in the middle,
 making the building seem almost transparent.

Just to make the cruise that much better, Anders brought along a special team of cabin crew members. "Sexual harrassment of the cabin members is not prohibited. In fact, it is encouraged."

Anders and his lovely lady cabin crew team.



Buddy network 7 enjoying some champagne on the canal! 

Nothing like a brisk cruise on a canal under a setting sun to welcome Spring to Denmark! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment